PokerStars is announcing ANOTHER contest within a contest. For all registrants of PokerStars Blogger Championship, we are giving out a cool PokerStars Fleece for the following contest:In your own words (any length you think is appropriate), tell PokerStars what makes a good blog. If you have a poker blog or one that has this as a major topic, please add relevance to poker in your topic.Email all entries to: email@example.com. I will announce the winner and post his answer and blog URL on our blog this upcoming Friday the 21st. Good Luck!
What makes a good Poker blog? Here are my 20 rules to (poker) blog by.
1. Hand history posts. Required twice per week.
2. Bad Beat Stories. Required 3 per month. Once must have headline "_______kicked me in the junk.....AGAIN!"
3. Commentary on online poker being rigged (pro or con). One post every six months, unless your quads lose twice in one session, then one of the posts from #2 can be used here.
4. Blatantly plagiarise Otis, Dr. Pauly or Iggy. Required once per year.
5. Blast Oddjack. Required once in lifetime of blog. (check)
6. Lay odds on Rini vs. BG, Battle of Blogs. Once everytime its appropriate.
7. Call Felicia out. Once a week, until she kicks your ass.
8. Post a piece that lets everyone know you know which April is which, without using the words Austin, notapokerblog, California or "H".
9. Call G-Rob names. Mandatory every post. "G-Rob is a Smofe."
10. To be an effective poker blogger you must have attended the gun show in person.
11. Never, ever comment on someone else blog. Just like Drizz.
12. Never use sarcasm as a literary device.
13. Always link your references to others so that newbies can get up to speed.
14. Ignore as irrelevant all those who shill. Never, ever shill.
15. Tell everyone you meet that you have a blog. Have the url and email address printed on business cards that you can handout.
16. If there are bloggers who are better players than you, insult them personally and call their hometown backwater.
17. Never play, contemplate playing or even discuss the play of "The Hammer".
18. Randomly blog lists of people that were in the bathroom at the same time as you. Joe from editorial, Sean from HR, Brenden for e-ed, Steve from wardrobe and Janie from accounting.
19. Never use a nickname.
20. Alway blog true to yourself. Don't blog like a pussy.